Full Day Old City Tour
(Departure at 07.30am, return to airport at 06.00pm)
(You will be at the airport at 07:30pm - 08:00pm)
Tour of "Sultan Ahmet Center", the heart of the "Old City" from where the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires were ruled.
Hagia Sophia, the Church of Divine Wisdom, one of the greatest marvels of architecture, constructed as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian.
Blue Mosque, facing Hagia Sophia, famous with its blue İznik tiles and unique with 6 minarets, built in the name of Sultan Ahmet.
Hippodrome, center of sportive events (chariot races, athletics) and political activities of the old city. Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius and German Fountain of Wilhelm II are the monuments decorating the Hippodrome.
Grand Covered Bazaar, most attractive shopping center and the biggest "souk" in the world with nearly 4000 shops selling antiques, jewellery, gold, carpets, leatherware and souvenir.
(Art demonstration of handmade Turkish carpets upon request)
Lunch at a Turkish Restaurant.
Topkapı Palace, residence of Ottoman Sultans exhibiting imperial treasury, sacred Islamic relics of Prophet Mohammed, kitchen, Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy section etc. Live guide commentary is not allowed in special sections. (Harem is not included in the program)
Sultan Tombs, there are five tombs of Ottoman Sultans within the graveyard at Hagia Sophia.
The ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century with purple, red, green and blue flower motives. Prince robes and a small piece from the Kaaba covers are displayed on the sarcophaguses.
- - Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesday. Replaced with Underground Basilica Cistern.
- - Harem and Hagia Irene Church are not included in the program.
- - Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays. Replaced with Underground Basilica Cistern.
- - Grand Covered Bazaar is closed on Sundays and public holidays
- - Museum entrance fees mentioned on the itinerary
- - Professional Guidance(English/Arabic)
- - Pick up and Drop off service from airport
- - Transportation with A/C vehicles
- - Donations to the Mosques
- - TURSAB insurance, which covers the costs of services accepted and committed by the travel agency
What's Not Included
- - Optional Gratuities
- - Personal expenses
30% discount for children below the age 7, free for the ages of 0-2